About Us

Hastings and St Leonards Angling Association

Established 1895

Hastings & St. Leonards Angling Association was founded in 1895 as a freshwater angling club.
In 1904 a sea angling branch was formed and the two branches ran in parallel for a number of years.
The subsequent history of the freshwater branch is not known, but the sea angling branch became the current club.

For many years the club was based at 3 Marine Parade, Hastings, and in 1978 it moved into its present headquarters on the beach and since then the clubhouse has been extended and extensively refurbished.

Hastings Pier played a big part in Club and international competitions, with many of our best and oldest trophies specifically for Pier fishing comps. Unfortunately the closure of the pier in 2006 due to being considered unsafe and the subsequent fire in 2010, meant the loss of the club’s historic connection.

Organised beach and boat angling competitions between members and other associations are held throughout the year along with a varied social event calendar. 

The club also owns a number of small boats and these are available for members to hire at £2.50 per person per day.

Please use the contact us page for further details.

The total membership of the club, including beach angling (social) members, is now well over 600.

The club is a member of the Angling Trust. Further information about the Angling Trust can be found on their website http://anglingtrust.net

 The association is also affiliated to the British Conger club, further details can be found on their website at http://www.britishcongerclub.org.uk/

Annual Report 1976 saying that plans are well on the way for the new club house